For those of you who don't know, I will update you on the story of Dalton and I and how we ended up where we are!
We both have Cystic Fibrosis (in my previous blog). I am originally from Kentucky and one of my family friends (Sandy/Kaylee Maze) also had CF. She traveled to St. Louis to receive a double lung transplant and they ended up meeting Dalton's mom, who is a nurse at the hospital they were staying in and the two families became extremely close. Kaylee passed away because of rejection of her new lungs but the families still talked. Sandy (KY CF mom) and Renee (Daltons mom) added each other on facebook. I got the brilliant idea to also add her since I wanted to stay in the CF loop! I noticed on July 31, 2009 that he was in the hospital and decided to facebook message him and tell him that I also had CF and despite living 8 hours from one another and never even meeting, I offered an ear if he ever wanted to talk. (Plus, he was extremely cute and I couldn't pass up another cute CF'er!) I was extremely surprised when I received a response on August 1, even if it read; 'I'm sorry, but do I know you?' That is what started it all! I instantly fell head over heels for Dalton. We would talk about anything and everything. We eventually got to where we would skype and at the end of August decided he would come to Kentucky for a visit. Of course I was extremely excited but Dalton told me that he had burkholderia cepacia. This particular bug for CF'ers is extremely resistant to all medications and causes many complications. But for some reason, I wasn't hesitant at all to have him visit. Somehow I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life with this guy.
The first visit came and gone and by December, we had many visits between the two of us and we decided that this was for real and we wanted to move in together. I moved to Missouri in January 2010 and have been here ever since! The rest is history, but that is what happened in a jist! He truly is the love of my life and thanks to God and sweet precious Kaylee, I am forever blessed...
RIP Kaylee Maze
No comments:
Post a Comment